I've recently become addicted to Facebook...very addicted, in fact. Do they have a 12 step program for Facebook addicts? If not they need one. It's been so great to get reacquainted with old friends and stay in touch with family near and far.
BUT...
Is it just me, or do some of you Facebook users find yourself wondering why certain people are your "friends" on fb? Some people seem to use it to advertise or sell their products. Some share much more information than anyone really cares to know (I may have been guilty of that already). Some do nothing but take every stupid quiz available. And some just plain wouldn't be your friend in any other arena, so why are they now?
So, I'm considering deleting some of these so-called friends...the ones that I wouldn't really associate with in "real life"...and I'm also considering finding (or starting) a Facebook's Anonymous group. Any thoughts?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Jules,
I totally hate facebook then I like it so it's a love hate relationship!! haha anyway I totally agree with you on the whole friend thing so I deleted everyone but family. How the heck are you doing anyways? I hope your job is going good.
talk at ya later
Tif
Facebook has casued alot of hurt feelings in my in-law family. People read things into status updates, then spread gossip etc. (long story...for another day) I have started deleting some friends and tried to wean myself from being on so much. I am sure going back to work will help with that! I keep telling Hans that the church is going to make some statement about the evils of FB in the near future.
Post a Comment